The Rockhouse, Jamaica

This is my second time back at the Rockhouse hotel in Negril Jamaica for a wedding. It’s a beautiful location, but I personally still prefer dry, cool weather myself. It was easier this time due to previous experience of this location, 2 more years of photography experience since the last trip, and newer equipment. However long ago the first wedding may be, I definitely think Derek and Sherry’s photos will live up to my expectations for many years to come. The following photos are just scenic photos the day before the wedding, captured with Canon 5D & 16-35mm 2.8L II. This may be the only time I’ve taken scenery photos with people.

12 Comments The Rockhouse, Jamaica

1. Sherry October 21, 2008 at 9:07 am

Oh man, how I miss this little piece of paradise! Thanks for sending the full-res shot I wanted. 🙂 Although, I admit it might be replaced in a few weeks with a shot of my own after our trip back! 😛

2. Tanya D October 21, 2008 at 9:47 am

its fricking cold here!

3. SamMa October 21, 2008 at 3:17 pm

I was the guest from the wedding, and I just can’t wait to see the wedding pic after these shots!! p.s. I love Sherry’s pic!

4. Jay Wen October 22, 2008 at 10:02 pm

breathetaking !!

5. Matthew Saville October 23, 2008 at 1:55 am

Nice, beautiful location shots! And I think you would really like the venue where I’m getting married. I’ll email you some pics as soon as I fill out your web calendar form!

=Matt=

6. Cindy October 24, 2008 at 10:56 pm

Incredibly vibrant and so peaceful looking! I can’t wait to see the wedding pictures!!!

7. mary October 26, 2008 at 9:47 pm

aaaah. SO refreshing after a tiresome day :]
    its like the clouds were posin’ for you!
    fun to see non-model shots from u as well.

8. Stephen October 29, 2008 at 5:51 pm

Mr. Yang,

I love your photography! I have been a really big fan for quite sometime. I am an amateur photographer was insipired to pick up photography after seeing your landscape/marriage portfolio. If you don’t mind me asking what kind of lens are you using in photo 1,2 and 3? Also did you get this vivid colors naturally or did they edit them in post production? Thanks for fielding my answers and keep up the excellent work!

9. Tony Yang October 29, 2008 at 9:36 pm

Thank you. I wrote above that all shots were taken with the 16-35mm. Direct sunlight helps bring out vivid colors, but all photos have been adjusted in Photoshop.

10. Stephen October 30, 2008 at 12:25 pm

whoops I didn’t notice that you wrote what kind of lens you used. The photos must have been too distracting.

11. Anthony Anderson January 21, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Hi Tony,
    It’s Tony, the cook in the photos at the pool bar at Rockhouse! I love the photos and was thrilled to find them online. Keep up the good work.